Friday, December 7, 2007

Snow Reflections...

I must admit, I love the first snowfall of the year and this year's may be the best yet. We were awakened on Wednesday morning to 3 inches of fresh powder gently falling from the skies. You know the stuff that usually only appears on Christmas cards or sappy Christmas movies (both of which I love!) As K was working on a "craft", I was able to grab a minute to reflect out the window. I had just tried to explain to her that there wasn't snow in Bethlehem (we'd been playing with her navitity set). But as I gazed out the window, I realized how that white, perfectly white snow was a reminder of God's love... of that fact that in His eyes we have been washed cleaner that than perfect snow. And now, after another day of less than perfect moments with a 2 year old and another 3 inches of fresh snow, I am so grateful for His forgiveness and love. Without it, winter (and life!) just wouldn't be the same.

Blessings on all your snowfalls...

No comments: