Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh, for the love of...

Diet Coke.

Yes, Diet Coke. I try really hard to be healthy, I do. We're eating a lot more fresh or freshly frozen veggies and fruit, trying to work more organic or locally grown foods into our diet, and working toward those 8 glasses a day of water. We usually do okay on this one... K loves her milk and juice, but little does she know its 80% water, 20% juice, and we are faithful to the 3 glasses of milk a day. Partially because I just don't buy soda and the truth is I don't buy it because I will drink it.

Case in point... this weekend we had K's 3 year birthday party. I made Kool-aid for the kids and bought 2 2-liters of soda for the grown-ups (along with some beer and homeade ice-tea). The regular Coke was almost gone, maybe 3 (very flat) ounces left, which I used to get the baked on crud out of the bottom of the crock pot. But there was almost a quarter of the 2-liter left of Diet Coke... what's a girl to do. I know, I know, I know all the awful stories about people drinking so much their teeth go bad, and that the nutrasweet is totally unnatural, blah, blah, blah. But I LOVE IT, so help me. Thank goodness that bottle is almost empty...

No comments: