Wednesday, December 17, 2008

You finish the story...

Aghh!!! is all I could say (especially with a 3-year old in earshot!) after lunch today. But let's start at the beginning.

Last night after we had a wonderful family evening of dinner, watching Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown, and cookies, I decided to give my kitchen a Christmas gift... an on-your-hands-and-knees scrubbing. It needed it. We had baked 4 (but 3 edible) batches of cookies yesterday and I could barely take a step without feeling some nugget of cr%p under my feet. As I was finishing, I looked at the front of the refrigerator and thought "I should really wash that down while I'm hear on the floor" and then I proceeded on. Well, who knew!!!

So today we were pleasantly surprised to have Scott home for lunch (that happens maybe twice a year) so I grabbed some ground beef and sloppy joe mix and made sloppy joe's for lunch. We had a great lunch, sent him off to work again, and proceeded to clean up the kitchen. I was just about finished wiping down the counters when I realized the coffee pot was spotted. So I wiped it down, slid it back into place and then it happened. I realized that is where I had set the not quite empty sloppy joe can... and it proceeded to fall onto the floor, bounce off the rug, and land most of its tomato-y contents on the front of my white refrigerator....Merry Christmas, Kitchen. You are officially clean!

No comments: